Cancel your trip and file your claim
- Contact your airline or travel agency to cancel your trip.
– If the trip is cancelled by your airline or travel agency, you are entitled to a refund from them.
– If the trip is not cancelled by your airline or travel agency, you will have to cancel it yourself and get the refund you are entitled to from them.
Make sure to get documentation from the airline or travel agency that shows which expenses that have not been refunded.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises against non-essential travel to all countries. As a result of this we are now expanding the coverage of the travel insurance. We cover expenses related to cancellation of private, leisure and business travels abroad for those customers who holds the coverage in their terms and conditions based on the following:
Private leisure travels for travels
- that were to start between March 14 and April 14, where the plans have been cancelled on March 14 or later.
- that were to start between March 12 and March 26 and was cancelled from March 12 or later.
Business travels are covered according to current terms and conditions for all travels abroad within 14 days after the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs introduced their travel advice.
The insurance cover cancellation of business travels
- that were to start between March 14 and March 28 (both days included.
We remind you that the situation and travel advice is constantly changing and that decissions therefore are made on an on-going basis.
If you have received cashpoints, bonus points or other types of meber or advantage programme points by your airline as mean of compensation for your cancelled trip, you are free to use these on a new travel later on. However, you do not manage to use those points before they expire, the travel insurance will cover the loss.
Are you working in Public health?
Norwegian Directorate of Health (Helsedirektoratet) now prohibit all travel abroad for employees working with public health care in Noway. The conditions above concerning cancellation also applies to you.